ST MATTHEW’S CHURCH (1869)

13_Matthew’s_Church

Cartwright Street was designed by the well-known Bathurst architect Edward Gell. It is built from local stone in a modified Gothic style with narrow lancet windows. New windows were installed in 2007. There are two gravesites in the grounds as well as unmarked graves. The grounds once had a small one room structure where the priest would change his vestments. It is not known when the building was demolished but was still standing c1916. Regular church services are held. For details contact the Parish Priest.