The school residence 1876-7 and by 1892 the grounds were enclosed to reduce access for kangaroos and cattle. Additions were carried out to the residence in 1897, 1898 and again 1904. In its early days about 100 children were enrolled. New classrooms and office were added in 1962 and an amenities block in 1964. The school closed in 1985. The oak tree in the front of the school was planted by Gough Whitlam in 1999. Rydal Mount is available for group accommodation.